Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Day Seven: Pre-Run and Post Run

Today was my first day back running after injuring myself on Thanksgiving. I was a bit nervous to start running again. The last thing I want/need to do is to further injure my right knee, but I decided that I cannot live my life like that. I decided to wear my brace and compression pants in order to keep everything stable. It seems to have worked.
I was not able to go running until almost 8pm, so I decided that today would be a perfect day to work on pacing while running. I decided that during the times I ran I would only go 3.3 (roughly an 18 minute mile). I will say that today was the only time I was able run without feeling completely wore out by the third run. I decided that at the beginning of the week, I will be going to the gym and doing a pace check for the week. I am hoping that it will help take care of the pacing problems that I currently have. Time will only tell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment