Monday, November 21, 2011

Day Five: Pre-Run and Post-Run

I was actually looking forward to running today. I might just be coming around to this whole running thing (fingers crossed). I was feeling a little bit tight in my calves, but it wasn't as tight as it was during the first week (pretty exciting, I think). I am slowly, but surely weaning off high fructose corn syrup. I am still getting cravings and I am still somewhat on edge, but it has been getting better. Hopefully by next week, I will no longer be cranky and irritable.

I was planning on just running around the ASU campus today, but I was waiting for the Orbit bus for almost 10 minutes (it's free, so I guess you get what you pay for). So I decided to run to the school instead and then go halfway around campus. During my run today, my app decided not to work for two sets. I was so upset. I had to use the timer on my phone to keep track of my time for two sets. Talk about a hassle! I finally got it to work, and I was able to resume activities as normal. I was dying during the five minute portions if the run. It may be only two more minutes than I am used to running, but that extra two minutes is a killer! I'm usually ready to give in at the three minute mark, but I push myself into completing everything. I know when I get to that three minute walk, I deserve it!

I am becoming somewhat concerned for the Iron Girl race. I am not sure if it will be possible for me to run the 5k without stopping. I know I have a couple weeks left, so I'll just have to train even harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment